Hajj Registration is the largest global conference as well as an important religious event for Muslims. Every year, a considerable number of Bangladeshi Muslims join the Hajj pilgrims in Saudi Arabia. Due to the Corona outbreak, since 2020, this international religious conference restricted to Saudi pilgrims only. This year, preparations for the Hajj can make by following the policy formulated by the Saudi Haj Authority with due diligence. Let’s get to know how can Bangladeshi citizens register for online.
Registration procedure for Hajj
The Haj registration procedure is manage by both Government and non-Government entities. Pre-registration is the most significant feature in both media types. The Hajj and Umrah authority in Saudi Arabia establishes an annual quota for Hajj across the world. These quotas allocate on the basis of capacity for the provision of emergency services in Mecca-Medina.
The number of applications often exceeds the quota. This is why the Ministry of Hajj in Bangladesh has introduced the pre-registration system in line with the Saudi e-Hajj system. Pre-registered people send to Hajj every year according to the quota. In this case, the waiting people have to go for Hajj next year.
Bangladesh’s online Haj Pre registration method
Candidates can pre-register online at https://prp.pilgrimdb.org/ Under the direction of the Ministry of Religious Affairs, the system for pilgrim pre-registration handle. → Applications makes to the following institutions for pre-registration of pilgrimage under government supervision.
- Digital Union Service Center (UDC)
- The Deputy Commissioner’s Office
- The Islamic Foundation’s Office
- Director, Hajj Office, Ashkona, Dhaka
For the pre-registration with non-government media, the candidates have to go to the legitimate Hajj agencies approved by the Ministry of Religious Affairs. Visit the following website to check out the list of Bangladesh Government approved Hajj Agencies: https://www.hajj.gov.bd/bn/agency-list-by-category-and-year/?type=list-of-hajj-agencies-2020
Steps of Hajj Pre registration
- First, the haj aspirants need to log in accounts in their chosen agency through respective Gmail IDs.
- Next, the applicant has to click on the button “New Application” and provide the required information. The data must be identical to their national identity card. In the case of candidates under 18 years of age, the information should be provided as per their BRC (birth registration certificate).
- Now the haj applicant needs to click on the ‘Payment Application’ button to provide the bank information. Here goes the list of approved banks by the Government of Bangladesh. http://www.hajj.gov.bd/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Bank-List-2020_080120.pdf
- Then the hajj aspirant has to go to the ‘Apply for Voucher’ option.
- Once the voucher create, an email will send to the candidate’s email and an SMS to the provided mobile number. The voucher can downloaded from his mail or by logging into the pre-registration system and clicking on the ‘Download Payment Voucher’ button from the payment application list.
- The candidate can print the voucher and submit the pre-registration fee along with it to the concerned bank. After depositing the money, the pre-registration certificate along with a serial number will issue by the bank. If the pre-registration number of the candidate select for Haj according to the National Haj Policy this year, the confirmation message will send to the candidate’s mobile and email address.
- If he/she selected for Haj, the total amount of the Haj package has to pay within the time fixed by the government.
- An irrevocable Pilgrim ID (PID) will create for the Hajj pilgrim when the Hajj Office or the concerned Haj Agency confirms the payment. It will notify via SMS to the mobile number of the applicant and thus, Hajj registration will finally complete
- Contact address for more information about pre-registration: Hajj Digital Service Center, Skype- hajjcallcenter, e-mail- firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Candidate’s National Identity Card (in case of persons below 18 years of age, pre-registration can be done with their BRC).
- In the case of women, the national identity card of Mahram (a family member with whom marriage is haram) has to be added.
- Lastly, in order to be allowed to travel to Saudi Arabia for Haj, pilgrims need to get a Corona Vaccine Certificate.
Costs required for Haj
As per the policy for the costs of Hajj in 2022, three packages were officially compiled.
Package 1: 5 lakh 82 thousand Taka
Package 2: 5 lakh 22 thousand Taka
At the time of pre-registration under government supervision, the aspirant has to deposit 30 thousand Taka. Here, the pre-registration fee is Tk.2000 and the remaining Tk.2800 is included in the Haj package.
For private media, the pre-registration fee is Tk.30,752. Tk.4387 is deducted from this fee for various Haj-related expenses and the remaining Tk.26,365 is adjusted with the package as per the agreement of the pilgrims with the Haj Agency.
It is a lifelong dream of numerous Bangladeshi Muslims to perform Haj. By virtue of technology, the registration process has become hassle-free. The process is even easy for the first timers. So far we have discussed the online registration Haj from Bangladesh. We hope our discussion would help the Haj aspirants to perform the registration process properly.